Thursday, May 3, 2007

GOP Debate


Quote of the day:
“Miss Manners has learned to be wary of those who declare too roundly that they are true to themselves. Too often it turns out to be at the expense of decencies toward others.”
--Judith Martin

Quote of the day no. 2:
“One of the saddest things is that the only thing a man can do for eight hours a day, day after day, is work. You can’t eat for eight hours a day nor drink for eight hours a day nor make love for eight hours--all you can do for eight hours is work. Which is the reason why man makes himself and everybody else so miserable and unhappy.”
--William Faulkner

I’m sorry that I had to miss the debate among the Republican presidential candidates. I gotta say I wasn’t aware that there were ten of them--with at least one more on the way.

Is it just me, or is there less variation among the GOP choices than among the Democrats?

Do the three candidates who said they “did not believe in evolution” actually not think it’s true? Or do they feel like they have to say it for political reasons?

It brings to mind what I talked about in "Pondering the Christian Right."

No comments: