Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rhymes With Dodgy


Quote of the day:
“It seems the vice president claims to exist in an alternative legal universe, where the law is whatever he says it is.”
--Senator Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.)

The other day I was having coffee at The Living Room and I noticed the title of the book someone at a nearby table was reading: The Pedagogy of the Oppressed. My first thought was a question. Do the oppressed know they have a pedagogy?

Personally, I find pedagogy itself rather oppressive. Like Houston in the summer.

I am not sure if oppression is pedagogical. It certainly has pedagogical characteristics. There are many ways to teach someone to stay away from Houston in the summer.

Mostly the words just sound interesting together. There’s a music to them.

Which reminds me: the guy reading the book eventually went outside and played his guitar. It was a pedagogical guitar. He sang about oppression.

No comments: