Friday, June 15, 2007

"Crazy Love"


Quote of the day:
“We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones.”
--Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Now here’s a documentary for people who don’t like documentaries as well as those who do. It’s Crazy Love.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more-appropriately titled movie. Though I suppose it could more-precisely have been called Crazy Insanely Wacko Love.

This is a compelling and very unusual story with multiple layers of fascination. While the plot of the film has been given away in many reviews, I’m not going to talk about it, because a big part of my enjoyment of the film was not knowing what would happen next.

I encourage you to not investigate the story line before you see it. But do see it.

Crazy Love is an incredible portrayal of the mores of the 1950s, the incomprehensible power of the human heart, and how wildly irrational our delusions can be.

No comments: