Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Year Ago


Quote of the day:
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes."
--Erasmus

This time last year, Merrie was in the hospital.

Those days seem very far removed from us, and I guess that’s a good thing. She still takes lots of medication daily. But she is not just stable, she is healthy.

We are enjoying life a lot more this year than last. We’re also enjoying this year a lot more than 2006. That may seem obvious, but for us, enjoying life doesn’t seem to come naturally. We often are preoccupied by something that needs to be done.

Of course, there’s always lots to be done, even for those of us without jobs. The key for us has been learning to be ok with letting go of that once in a while.

So the opportunity has been for us to view life and live life in a more authentic way. It’s taken some trial and error, and a bit of work to figure it out. Or not figure it out, if you know what I mean.

Right now, things are very good. And we are grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another great quote of the day. It's like you picked it out just for me. Erasmus--a man after my own heart; he had his priorities straight. Thanks, Craig.
P.S. Thanks be to God that Merrie is doing well. I'm happy to hear it.