Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Change of Venue


I spent this morning at home, and was putting clothes in the dryer when I heard the phone ring. The pets scattered in panic as I dashed inside, only to find the handset missing. Quick, to the other phone. That handset was missing too. Where were the handsets? I found one, picked it up.

“Hello?” Dial tone. Oh, well. If it’s important they’ll call back. It wasn’t because they didn’t.

An hour later my cell phone rang, and when I answered it, Merrie’s voice was on the other end. The angiogram was finished. It had gone fine, and three stents had been put in. She was going to spend the afternoon in the Coronary Care Unit at Scripps, and then be taken back to Kaiser.

This has now been a bi-hospital experience, and may wind up as a tri-hospital experience. There’s a possibility that eventual heart surgery will be performed in Los Angeles.

The doctors are monitoring Merrie’s condition and we’ll see where we go now.

No comments: