Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Two Separate Yet Equally Important Groups


"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful."
--Samuel Johnson

I’m thinking of changing my name to Epatha, after one of my favorite actors on “Law and Order.”

Do you know how many times a day you can see an episode of “Law and Order” or one of its spawn on cable TV? At last count, there are 74 opportunities during any 24-hour period. That’s an estimate. Can we say “ubiquitous”? It may be the defining entertainment series of this generation.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I find myself forgetting that, in the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. And these, which are their stories, can be seen many times daily in high-definition video with high-quality audio. What a relief.

Life is a very good thing.

No comments: