Saturday, August 1, 2009

Where Has the Time Gone?


Well, well, well. Seven months of 2009 have elapsed since I've updated here. I admit I experience the very slightest pang (rhymes with twang) of regret when I saw recently that 94% of blogs are inactive. Far be it from me to be so ordinary.

It's not surprising that most blogs are inactive. They are a lot of work to keep up. These days, people are paid, sometimes a lot, to keep blogs. And just since the beginning of the year, Twitter has attained a new level of acceptance. Between it and Facebook keeping one's fans apprised of every motion and plan, blogs have lost their purpose for many people.

I haven't actually planned to start blogging again. I just stumbled on it while I was doing some other things this afternoon. As always, who knows what's to come?

3 comments:

Doc John said...

Craig, as I discovered with my own short-lived blog, the road to blogging is paved with good intentions!

Craig Dorval said...

Thanks, John--I didn't know you were blogging!

Doc John said...

Neither did anyone else, I'm afraid. :(